PORT WASHINGTON, NY, November 18, 2021 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – After a very unconventional Halloween in 2020, costume and prop sales increased 4% in 2021, according to The NPD Group. Despite this growth,
Halloween sales remained below the pre-pandemic norm – down 13% from 2019. While children’s costumes and fancy dress are up 7% from the same period last year , costumes for teenagers / adults fell 2%.
The best costume this year was the Jurassic World Inflatable T-Rex Costume from Rubie’s, followed by the Batman Muscle Chest Costume and the Spider-Man Toddler Costume, also made by Rubie’s.
âWhile the total for Halloween costumes and props was down from 2019, likely due to a lack of inventory, we saw teen / adult DIY categories like props and prosthetics reach almost 2019 levels, “said Juli Lennett, US toy industry advisor.
The 10 best Halloween costumes of 2021 were:
Item Description and Manufacturer
1. Jurassic World Rubie’s Inflatable T-Rex Costume
2. Batman Muscle Chest Rubie’s Costume
3. Rubie’s Spider-Man Toddler Costume
4. Fun World Bleeding Ghost Face Costume
5. Power Rangers Dino Fury Muscle Halloween Costume
6. Ghoul Fading Eye Reaper Costume Fun World
7. Fortnite 8 Ball Costume InSpirit Designs
8. Transformers Bumblebee Toddler Costume
9. Classic Bendy and the Ink Machine costume
10. Power Rangers Red Ranger Muscle Costume Fancy Dress
* Source: The NPD Group / US Costumes & Accessories / 10 weeks ending November 6, 2021
Eric Bauer, The NPD Group, 416-587-4185, [email protected]
SOURCE The NPD Group