If you expect a little bundle of joy in the near future, congratulations! Whether you are a first-time parent or adding another child to the group, welcoming a baby into your home is an exciting experience for any family. Taking the time to design a comfortable, organized and, of course, adorable nursery can help ensure that the transition to new parenthood goes as smoothly as possible.
If the idea of ââdesigning a room for your baby is beyond you, don’t worry. Ashley HomeStore has everything you need to create the nursery of your dreams.
Check out these four simple tips to effortlessly bring your nursery to life and make it your own.
Perhaps the most important feature of the nursery is your baby’s crib, both in terms of utility and visual appeal. The cradle will likely be the focal point of the space as well as the most used piece of furniture in the room. For this reason, it is important to choose a cradle carefully.
Here are some tips to help you find the perfect crib for your baby’s room:
- Price Point: The cost of a new crib can vary widely. Knowing how much to spend before you go shopping for furniture can save you the heartache of falling in love with a crib that you’ll have to say “no” to later.
- Style Goals: What style do you hope to achieve in the room? Modern? Traditional? Rustic? Elegant? Deciding ahead of time can make your search faster and more efficient.
- Personal Needs: Cribs come in a variety of shapes, sizes and features. Think about what you’d like to get out of bed like, like a removable changing table or the ability to turn it into a toddler or full size option later.
Did you know that sleeping on a firm mattress is the safest option for your newborn baby? It’s true. While a soft, plush surface may seem like the most comfortable place to stick your baby on during a nap or at bedtime, it could put your baby at risk for sudden infant death syndrome. Likewise, a firm mattress can make it easier for your baby to sit, roll over and stand up as he grows and becomes more mobile.
At the end of the line ? Choosing a firm mattress for your toddler’s crib is the best way to ensure they get the rest they need in a safe environment. Like cribs, mattresses are not universal. Doing some research to find the right mattress for your baby is a smart move to get the most out of the mattress.
Keeping baby essentials handy in your child’s room is important, especially when you need a cool diaper or pajamas at 3 a.m. To make sure your baby’s clothes, diapers, and other toiletries stay clean and easily accessible around the clock, don’t forget to include plenty of storage and organization pieces in their room.
With so many storage solutions available at Ashley HomeStore, the sky is the limit when it comes to keeping your child’s bedroom organized. Check out these ideas to get started:
- Cubes: Cubes are a great solution for keeping baby items safe when they are infants and can easily be turned into toys and books as your child grows.
- Storage Bins / Baskets: You can never have enough storage bins and baskets, especially in a nursery. Whether you lay them out on a changing table to keep diapers tidy, use them in the closet to store tiny socks and shoes, or place one next to your living room area to keep books close at hand. main, it is an item that can enhance the style and practicality of your nursery.
- Shelves: Sure, shelves are a great place to store your child’s favorite bedtime stories, but there’s so much more to them. Shelves are the perfect place to display photographs, artwork and other home decorations that are sure to make a nursery warm and personal.
Your baby shouldn’t be the only one comfortable in their room. After all, you’ll also be spending a lot of time there each day (and night). With that in mind, designing a comfortable seating area for rocking, feeding and bonding with your baby is a must. At Ashley HomeStore, we have a wide variety of rocking chairs, rocking chairs, armchairs and other seating options to suit your unique style and comfort needs.
Here are some tips to help you choose the best nursery chair for you:
- Consider your needs: do you prefer a rocking chair or a stationary chair? Should it be able to pivot or tilt? What do you think of poufs? Answering these questions can help you quickly narrow down your specific needs and make the chair buying experience easier.
- Comfort Matters: Of course, you should choose a chair that complements the surrounding decor of the room, but comfort should be just as important. If you have the opportunity to try chairs in person, go for it! Otherwise, reading reviews online can be invaluable in helping you choose a nursery chair as nice as it looks.
- Think long term: your baby won’t be a baby forever. Pick a chair that can transition with your family as your needs change.
At Ashley HomeStore in Tucson, our experienced design team can help you make the beautiful and comfortable nursery you have in mind quickly and easily. From quality furniture, such as cribs and changing tables, to decorative pieces, such as rugs and lamps, we have everything you need to create a nursery that reflects your unique style. Visit us online or stop by our convenient showroom today to get started. We look forward to helping you create a wonderful space to welcome your new baby home!