DALLAS – The Dallas Market Center will kick off the winter trade show season with its Total Home & Gift Marketplace (January 5-11, 2022) and a full schedule of events. Highlights include trend reviews, giveaways, new product launches and insightful sessions from business leaders.
âWe’re giving shoppers the first chance to discover new products, but also to gain insight into trends and business inspiration for the new year,â said Cindy Morris, President and CEO of the Dallas Market Center . “Our community of thought leaders and experts provide valuable content, and we celebrate with many receptions and happy hours.”
Pre-registration, which is the exclusive method of receiving the FastPass, is now available at dallasmarketcenter.com.
Events on campus will provide food, drink and entertainment for attendees, as well as moments of inspiration from experts and influencers. A full list of events is available through the website and app, but highlights include:
- New Buyer Scoop, a daily reception for new buyers at 9 a.m., offers retailers tips and tricks on how to navigate the market, free coffee, and networking with an associate from the Dallas Market Center.
- Gourmet Market Tastings, daily all day long, has a sample of specialty food and drink products for your store, from decadent chocolates, savory snacks to mixed drinks.
- The Gallery, offering new interior design resources, welcomes all buyers to a Sip + See every day from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- On January 5, Pour for The Floor at 11 a.m. on WTC 10 will offer free drinks while shoppers purchase the furniture, interior decorations and lighting showrooms.
- On January 6, the âSustainability Forecast 2022â at 11:00 am in the Designer’s Patio (WTC 9009) will feature designers Shayla Copas and Christian Daw on what the future of sustainability will look like in 2022 as well as delving into the benefits. adding furniture sustainability to projects
- On January 6 at noon, âGifted Retail: What’s Trending in Gift & How to Maximize Salesâ will feature a panel discussion with Katie Loxton, Founder and Creative Director of Katie Loxton, Colleen Booth, Decor Buyer for Buc-ee’s, Alix Buckley, Founder of Karma Gifts, Summer Frein, Managing Director of Lord Jones and Representative of Container Store.
- Licensing stars Shayla Copas and Dann Foley will share their experiences in building a design and licensing brand on January 6 at 2:00 p.m. at Charles Ray & Associates (WTC 9002).
- On January 7, the Holiday Treat Trail features four fun stations filled with free treats and fortified drinks, from 10 a.m. to noon. Located at IHDC on the second floor.
- Learn more about social media in â#Follow: An Expert’s Guide to Social Media,â which will be hosted on January 7 at noon in the WTC First FloorAtrium. The panel will include Maghon Taylor, founder and author of All She Wrote Notes, and Paige Winstanley, product manager at El Arroyo.
- Join Morgan Pearce and Jane Gish from the Metropolitan Museum of Art on January 7 at 2:00 p.m. for a conversation about how selections from the Met Collection have been distilled into home textiles that are part of the new Met x Ann Gish Collection. Situated in The Gallery (IHDC 1D202).
Gifts, receptions at Time
Le Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, January 5-8, will feature hundreds of new and old exhibitors. Shoppers will explore a complete Time market with distinct neighborhoods to discover new, trendy products and brands. Special events include daily reception in all the districts of Le Temps, including:
- Explore the floors for a chance to win $ 1,000. When you visit the four temporary quarters on campus and the Housewares Pop-Up Show, keep an eye out for any QR codes to scan. Increase your chance of winning by entering your email address in all five locations. Five winners will be selected to win an AMEX gift card in the amount of $ 1,000 on January 8th..
- Daily coffee + donuts at registration at the covered market, 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., and explore the Times Cash & Carry + Vintage Home & Decor + Artisan Cash & Carry.
- Booze Cruiser on the 13th Floor of Fashion Accessories + Apparel Temps, 10 a.m. to noon. Grab a free drink and sip while you shop.
- Bites and Blends, a free wine bar on Gift + Home Temps on WTC 12.
- Housewares Pop-Up Show on the 2nd Floor of the Trade Mart in aisles 2500/2700. Have a free cocktail on January 5 at 1 p.m., January 6 at 4 p.m. and January 7 at 1 p.m.
The 32 ARTS Award
Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, announce the return of the ARTS Awards gala on Friday, January 7 at the Hilton Anatole hotel, hosted by Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. The ARTS Awards will include Category Awards as well as a Special Academy Achievement Award for Caroline Hipple, President of Norwalk Furniture, and a Special HEARTS Award presented to the Malouf Foundation. The ARTS Awards preview night will take place on January 6 at 6 p.m. in the 10th floor atrium.