We understand: putting together a cohesive look for a bathroom upgrade can be downright overwhelming. Allow us to help you. Whether you’re looking for a glamorous Regency-style spa space or a pretty preppy retreat, check out these material palettes, inspired by the work of local designers, for style ideas that make a statement.
Adding a dose of Hollywood Regency to the mid-mod graphic style is nothing short of spellbinding, especially in this high-contrast bathroom by Renee Bergstrom of Haven Designs.
1. Marella Cast Iron Soaking Tub in Semi-Gloss Black – $8,560, Rejuvenation
2. Brushed gold circle mirror – $220, Havrely
3. Avondale Martini table – $368, Serena and Lily
4. Keeley Swivel Sconce in Hand Rubbed Antique Brass – $699, Thomas O’Brien for visual comfort, at Circa Lighting
5. Black Tricorn Paint – Sherwin-Williams
6. Brushed Brass Contemporary Double Pillar Freestanding Tub Faucet —Randolph Morris, $669, at Vintage Tub & Bath
seven. Terra Bathroom Vanity Set – $3,950, Bemma, at Perigold
8. Utopia 8-Light Crystal Sputnik Chandelier in Satin Brass – $575, Livex Lighting, at Build with Ferguson
9. Kavala Porcelain Tile in White – $32 a box, Adessi Contemporary Tile, at Floor & Decor
ten. Laurus Black Zebra Marble Bowl – $210, Scully and Scully
11. TurningArt wall art, “Silent” by Susana Paz in walnut frame – from $199, West Elm
Premium & BCBG
You can add a lot of timeless traditional style to a new build, as this space by Emily Tucker from Emily Tucker Design demonstrates. Stick to scallops, marble and classic blue and white beauty throughout.
1. Bryce Flush Mount in Plaster White – $639, Kate Spade New York for visual comfort, at Circa Lighting
2. Etoile handshower with nickel porcelain handle – $1,165, Aqueduct
3. Sky blue linen travel pouch – $69, Mark & Graham
4. Celeste Blue Field Tile – from $47 per square foot, Ann Sacks
5. Lulworth Blue Paint – Farrow & Ball
6. Freestanding Oval Marble Bathtub – $88,380, Lusso, at Waterworks
seven. Wave Bath Collection Essential Towel Set – $258, Serena and Lily
8. Scalloped side table – $698, Serena and Lily
9. Hexagonal mosaic Bianco Carrara – price on request, Decorative Materials
ten. Blue block print kimono bathrobe – $195, Heidi Carey
11. French blue hydrangea watercolor – $328, Caitlin Wilson
For this retreat, designer Beth Strongwater of Studio Strongwater sought the serenity of a spa. The recipe for aah? Cloudy whites, blond woods and natural textures galore.
1. Eternal bouquet in all neutrals – $45, Pickletown Flower Co.
2. Nelson Ball Bubble Pendant – $645, Handy Design
3. Vetralla Englishcast Freestanding Bath – $3,599, Victoria & Albert, at QualityBath
4. Eldridge Rounded Rectangle Mirror in White Oak – $529, rejuvenation
5. Bok oak side table – $689, Ethnicraft, at
6. Coconut milk bath bath – $20, Herbivore
seven. Decorative Sea Sponge Vase – from $48, Cailini Coastal
8. Sheep’s skin – $599, room and board
9. Chet Ceramic Soap/Sponge Dish – $10, crate and barrel
ten. Freestanding Bath Vanity with Reinforced Acrylic Single Sink in Oak Nature-AV – $1,779, Angeles, at Moreno Bath
To make her clients’ existing stone tub disappear, designer Emily Tucker opted for a tropical wall cladding; paired with rattan accessories, it says “holiday” at a glance.
1. Paloma narrow chandelier – $1,199, Arhaus
2. Amiata English Cast Iron Freestanding Bathtub – $4,874, Victoria & Albert, at QualityBath
3. Urn Jana Bone – price on request, Made Goods
4. Terracotta Concrete Fluted Planter – $249, pottery barn
5. Herons in the Swamp Peel and Stick Removable Wallpaper – from $23 for 2 by 3 feet, Spoonflower
6. Super Soft Sand Bath Mat – $65, Food52
seven. Marseille Olive soap on rope – $14, Horseshoe, at Burke Decor
8. Temescal Organic Towels – from $18, Coyuchi
9. Planter stacked in Earthenware – $138, West Elm
ten. Desert Sun Rattan Floor Mirror – $449, West Elm
11. Kaemon Beaded Leaf Wall Décor – price on request, Made Goods